- uploaded our harbour notes for cruising in the Black Sea, the area is infrequently visited and so we have a little more tourist information than we have done for other areas
- we finally, finally, got the text and pictures uploaded for the galley and cabinetry work we did about 4 years ago…
Not as quickly as we should have got it up but at least it’s finally up, now to find some time to deal with the rest of the backlog…
- also belatedly uploaded our page on the refrigerator we installed into our HR41
- uploaded some work we have done to combat rusting links in our anchor chain
- uploaded our tri-white saga (navigation lights for sailing), it’s been going on for some years but at least the last part is current
- we finally collected our information on Boat Electrical Systems, there are about 5 pages all together
- one piece of news is that it seems the old Maringret website on the 110mb.com server has finally disappeared. Now Google search results should only list this WordPress hosted site.
- incremental updates have been made to the German Inland Waterways
- and finally some new content is updated, mainly on Android and Kindle:
- and also on some data migrations we were forced to undertake:
- we got all the pages moved over from old web site, some anchor links may not work and some links may not work properly
- some of this information is 10 years old, and that’s forever in computer technology, so we’ve decided to keep those articles but mark them as “[legacy]” as they are of interest in a historic sense…
- first new content in a few years… Puff’s Pages although it was written 1 year ago and took this long to upload.
- Germany-Rhine-Danube page created on WordPress – the first new content created on the new website (much more to come)
- the Maringret website is finally moving to a new home…The menu system will be different on WordPress than on previous hosts, it now seems to be working as it will on WordPress. Some pages have been attached but are not fully converted of extended (e.g. all pictures need special conversion as part of the migration so no pictures are brought over yet)
- the Maringret website had 3,000 visitors prior to moving to the new host (WordPress)
- over the holiday season we have put together and uploaded pages on the following: (click here for the topic list)
- teak deck removal, deck moisture and deck painting
- galley, LED lighting, stove, refrigerator, gas system, plumbing
- heater and day tank
- aft companionway, aft grab rail extension, closing in the aft hatch
- barbecue, bimini plans, sprayhood grab rail
- hatches replacement, mainsheet track horse
- AC electrical, DC electrical, batteries
- anchoring system, dinghy
- engine replacement (only took 4 years to write up!!!)
- re-rigging, skeg repairs
- Piff & Poof arrive
- although not finished, the bulk of most articles are uploaded, some still require tables or pictures to finish things off
- there are a couple of articles not started yet
- some of the pictures can not be taken until the work is finally completed
- yes indeed, how time flies!!!
- 12 months later I am back trying to catch up the content, problem is we have been too busy working on the boat to get the website updated…
- looks like it’s been slightly more than 5 years since this website was made current – how time flies!
- started altering file organisation in preparation for adding new content pertenent to our HR41 projects
- website host (Yahoo’s GeoCities) decided to give up nonpaid operation so we spent much time researching and undertaking relocation of website to 110mb.com
- the links on the pages were verified and the dead ones removed
- overhauled the main menu and our pages on projects to reflect buying our Hallberg-Rassy 41. The website is now a 2-boat website!
- over the summer continued to update our cruising log for the Balearic Islands (and Barcelona)
- wrote up our cruising log for (northern) Portugal and Lisboa
- wrote up a page on our installation of MaxSea using the Virtual PC Windows emulator running on Unix on our iBook Macintosh
- wrote up our explorations of the world of MP3 digital format for music recording
- wrote up our miscellaneous projects (accessed from the main page in the Maringret section)
- put in links so that our System Logs could be accessed (once again accessed from the main page in the Maringret section)
- wrote our 24 month System Log
- wrote new page on our AC electrical system (yet again accessed from the main page in the Maringret section)
- added page on our camera selection
- added links to this page as a quicker method to locate new material
- updated cruising notes for Norway
- updated electrical schematic to reflect additional circuits for invertor and solar panels
- new page on clothing for arctic sailing
- added Dinghy Selection and Windvane Selection pages; this will possiby be the last update for awhile (it’s sunny outside!)
- added Cycling Afloat and Music Afloat pages; page generation tends to decrease as good weather for boat maintenance arrives.
- spelled checked the documents (finally!)
- added missing pictures to the Diesel Heater page
- added this “What’s New” page as changes seems to be ongoing here…
- moved the “Scandinavia Cruising Summary” from “Cruising Notes” to “Articles” category
- added some cost information to “Website Maintenance Afloat“
- Seems to be some problems with the visitor counter, it appears to be incrementing by two for each page viewing (which while being more impressive, isn’t really all that accurate)
- After over 1 month of work, replaced the old website with a frames based interface, consistent backgrounds and page layouts, both pop-up menu and button based navigation- old style website had registered 935 on the visitor counter (plus a couple hundred other visitors prior to the website moving to GeoCities)
- Divided the website into 6 categories of information:Maxi 95 Information; information on Maringret; Articles on various topics to do with cruising; Links of interest for cruising; Cruising Notes which record points we learned in different cruising grounds; Miscellaneous items
- Added “Articles” pages on computing afloat, weatherfax, email afloat, refrigeration research and FAQ, sailing books, maintaining a website while afloat
- Updated our main page on Maringret with narrative of our refrigerator installation
- Split the old “Sailing Links” page into pages for: weather, sailing, cruising, food and provisioning, “cruising friends who have websites” (which was subsequently removed). All the old links were checked, dead ones dropped, changed ones updated and lots more added.
- Updated the Palm PDA page, added a section on eTexts and related tools.
- Added a website map page
- Added a website summary page
- Uploaded more pictures and reduced the pixel count of previously uploaded pictures to reduce download times (hopefully without noticeable degradation of viewing quality)
- Have been some “bandwidth exceeded” messages from GeoCities server while all the above work was going on
© The contents of this site are the copyright property of the authors. Visitors may read, copy, or print any material for their own use, free of charge. No material printed or copied from this site, electronically or in any other form, may be sold or included in any work to be sold without explicit permission
from the authors.